31 January, 2011

Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Title: Nightshade
Author: Andrea Cremer
Published: 2010
Length:  454  pages
Genre:  Young Adult, Supernatural, Romance
Where Found: My little sister  

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)

Summary:
Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything - including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

Review:
I started reading this book this afternoon because I was bored stiff. I didn't know what to do with myself so I went into my little sister's room to talk to her. I saw Nightshade sitting on her bedside table and asked if I could read it. To be honest I was expecting a silly teen paranormal romance that I could roll my eyes and laugh at. I didn't think i'd actually like it... or spend all afternoon reading it, snapping at anyone who interrupted me. The book reminded me of the song Bittersweet by Apocalyptica

So now that I have a day to think about this book.. i'm not sure that I liked it as much as I initially thought I did. It's not that it's a bad book, it's not. It's just lacking. Lacking in most areas. I won't say too much more about it. I really don't want to spoil it for anyone wanting to read it. 

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment